IDEAL ACTION PLAN FOR SELLERS BEFORE GETTING THEIR HOMES LISTED
Prepare your home to maximize return, avoid surprises and be in control in the process of selling. The following are things to keep in mind before you get your property listed.
- Do a complete walk all over the house to make a list of delayed maintenance and repairs that need to be completed before getting it listed.
- Property inspection gives a full list of what has to be done with end report and cost estimates. This can be shown with a potential buyer.
- Property appraisers can help you in terms of representing the size of heated and finished space in a precise manner to avoid contract and appraisal issues during escrow. This is also to promote irresistible offers from home buyers.
- Ensure that the heating and AC systems, other house systems and mechanical systems are functioning properly to guarantee that warranty claims are paid.
- Clean and reorganize the house meticulously to highlight the design.
- Get a professional home decorator to counterbalance décor and interior paint so as to put an emphasis on moldings and architectural paneling. Doing so also helps buyers to picture themselves living in your property.